Terms & Conditions
We are approved under the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS). Our unique registration number is XPAW00000100011
Minimum Legal Age
We may only sell alcohol products to persons over the age of 18. By placing an order for alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
We have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information on our site, however our images and product details have been provided for information only. Prices and specifications can change without notice and on occasions, the actual product may vary from that shown in the image.
We believe all our information to be accurate, however it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging or label prior to use. In brief:
- All wines contain sulphites
- Most beers contain wheat, hops and malted barley
- Most spirits are distilled from grain
You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require specific information on a particular product, you should consult the manufacturer / producer. We can put you in touch with them if necessary.
Please note all our products are subject to availability.
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Should you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Battlefield Beers Ltd
Unit 2b / 2c Archers way
Battlefield Enterprise park
Tel: 01743 467163
Registered in England & Wales: Company Number 5810651
VAT registration Number: 889 5466 51
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and operates in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Battlefield Beers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
Why do we collect your data?
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, if you tick a box to receive email newsletter or wish to take advantage of promotional offers.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Battlefield Beers Ltd. to law enforcement .
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
When do we collect your data?
- When you visit our website, when you purchase online, over the phone or in-store
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the member of staff who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms. For example if an accident happens at our trade counter, a member of staff may collect your personal data.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When you visit our warehouse which has a CCTV system operating for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What data do we collect?
- Name, including any social media aliases that you interact with us with.
- If you create an account with us, or order online: billing/delivery address, email address, telephone number, and orders/receipts.
- Details of any interaction via telphone, online or in person. For example, details of any complaints or comments, or information relating to how and when you contact us.
- Information gathered by cookies in your web browser. (See Cookies section at end of page)
- Payment card information.
- Your comments, reviews or ratings.
- CCTV recording may capture your image when you visit the warehouse.
- Technical web information, such as advertisments you clicked, search terms used, or computer location.
We do not hold your credit card details.
How do we use your data?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible customer service. GDPR allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, and being able to deliver the highest levels of service.
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, over the phone or on site. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. We may also hold your data for a reasonable period of time so we are able to fulfil any obligations such as refunds or guarantees.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communications, and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and staff from crime, we operate CCTV cameras in our warehouse which record images for security.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. This also helps to protect our customers.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
Storing your data
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as required, dependant on the purpose it was collected for. For example, we keep personal information given when ordering for a minimum of 2 years.
Who do we share your data with?
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
In very specific siuations, we may be required to share your data with 3rd parties for their own purpose:
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes using 'https' technology on all areas of the website, as well as SSL encryption for sensitive data such as payment card information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- A review by a member of staff of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 2b/2c Archers Way, Battlefield Enterprise Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 3AB, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Data Access Request".
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|